Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Indian Pattern

Not the half-naked kind, the kind from India. I think I'll have to explain this one, because right now, looking at it, it doesn't exactly give off an indian vibe to me.

Vermillion is like one of their most treasured colours. Not only does it symbolise enlightment, wisdom and beauty, but it also used for those little dots on their foreheads (I guess that's the whole enlightment , wisdom thing).

Orange is also a favoured colour, with a majority of male turbons and women's clothing featuring the colour. The more orange someone has on their body, the more higher up they are supposed to be in the world. That's why it is honourable for a man to have bigger turbon, because if it is orange it is very respective of their position.

Cobalt blue is also an important colour, featured as the second colour found on turbons. Cobalt blue also means wisdom and guidance, which is why the men wrap it around their head. But, originally having the smaller circles cobalt blue didn't look right to me, so I changed it to Persian Pink, which is a very feminine and woman's colour, much like how it is stereotyped in our culture. Persian Pink is said to be very attractive and it is not uncommon for Indian ladies to wear it on their wedding day.

Bit of a long explaination, but I got there. I'm betting though that no-one even bothers to read this...so...here's my pattern...

No comments:

Post a Comment